Dental veneers near you are a popular and innovative cosmetic dentistry treatment designed to enhance your smile’s overall appearance. In the majority of cases, dental veneers are placed over the teeth that are visible when you smile and speak.
At Greystone Family Dental, our team uses porcelain veneers in NW Calgary to correct a range of cosmetic dental concerns, including:
- Stained teeth
- Crooked or badly shaped teeth
- Minorly misaligned teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
Choosing the Correct Shade and Shape For You
Porcelain veneers are custom-made so that they can provide you with the most stunning smile possible. The shape and size of veneer that may look best on one patient may not be the best shape and size for your smile. So, while our dentist near you can certainly help guide you with the best choice for your veneers, it is good to have at least some idea of how you want your porcelain veneers to look before your consultation.
Here are some things you should keep in mind when customizing your veneers:
Choosing a Shade of White
While it may surprise you to find out that there is more than just one shade of white, there are many variations to choose from when choosing the shade of your veneers. You will want to choose a shade that resembles bright, healthy, and natural teeth.
Here is how you can select the correct shade for your veneers:
- Your teeth should never look whiter than the whites of your eyes, so use the whites of your eyes as a guideline.
- If you have a fair skin tone, you should choose from the whitest shades available because fairer skin does not contrast as much with the color of the teeth.
- If you have a darker complexion, select more naturally occurring tooth shades and stay away from the bleached shades, as this can look unnatural.
Talk to your dentist in NW Calgary about if they offer color layering for veneers. This makes them look even more natural because real teeth are more opaque in the middle and translucent towards their edges.
Choosing the Correct Veneer Shape
Once you have decided on the right color for your veneers, the next most important step is determining the correct shape.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the shape of your veneers:
- The shape of your face. The correct veneers should complement your facial structure. If you have a rounder face, then you will want to opt for longer and thinner veneers. If you have a longer face, then choosing wider and shorter veneers will provide you with a stunning appearance.
- Your age. As you age, your teeth naturally lose length, so lengthening your veneers can help you obtain a more youthful appearance. Additionally, bulking your teeth up can help smooth wrinkles around your mouth and provide you with the appearance of fuller lips.
- Your gender. A more masculine smile can be achieved with square veneers. If you would like a more feminine smile, you should go for more rounded, softer-edged veneers.
Interested in Porcelain Veneers?
Now that you know exactly how to get the smile of your dreams, it is time to book a consultation and get started on your smile transformation journey. At Greystone Family Dental, we are happy to offer our patients porcelain veneers to boost their confidence and provide them with a radiant smile. Please contact us to book your consultation today!